Saturday, February 12, 2011

Tired from work but happy :)

Hi Mom!
Hope you had a great day today....thought about you often and know you were with me as you are everyday :)
Had a decent week despite plans getting canceled with the girls but I know there will be more times to get together. Work is going well-I love the people I work with and they keep me laughing every minute I'm there! I'm so happy to be back at Mayo...a wonderful group of nurses and doctors who love what they do and are happy doing it-can't ask for more than that, right? I'm taking a class next month on balloon pumps so I can take those patients, and I have one more heart to recover than I can take them all on my own! Finally! We had some crazy situations but the teamwork is amazing and the patients get the best care. It's great working for Mayo! I'm so glad to be back there! JCAHO was there this week-you know how stressful that can be! They almost called me back in front of the firing squad about my patient but they didn't end up taking me due to some sudden changes...I think you had something to do with that! Needless to say all went well and they left Friday. Phew!
I had another date this week and it went well...give me some signs if you have any input!! :)
Charlie and Madeline had to make valentine boxes for school so we did that and they came out so cute! Maddie's hair turned out so cute too! She loved it! She kept telling me how her teachers loved it!! We'll be doing the rollers again soon!! They have school pictures on the 17th so we'll see how they do...I'll order them regardless since it's their first school pictures. I can't believe they're going to be 4 next month!!! I can remember the day they were born like it was yesterday....
We are already registering them for school for next year, and then it's kindergarten!! It really goes by so fast!!!
I'm planning to visit Mary for your birthday and am really looking forward to spending some time with her. I think I'll see Nikki and her boys too so it'll be a good weekend!!
Dad is doing well and visiting with Aunt Kathy and Uncle Rick , and Uncle Jim and Aunt Marilyn every week. He watches Vincent and Ella on Mondays so he's getting to see them on a regular basis now. I know he loves every minute of it!
Dad's planning on coming out for the kids birthday and staying until May which will be great! The kids are looking forward to seeing him and I'll be excited to have company too. Maria and Rachel will be visiting and while they're here we're going to the Cubs vs Sox spring training game which will be fun-I got Dad a ticket to go too and he'll be the Dad of the group-there's 19 other nurses going so it will be a BLAST!
I know you've seen all that's transpired since you've left, and I know you're heart is filled with joy....We are happy too, Mom! I know you're still here and are loving every minute of it! It's all because we love you so much :)
I hope we make it to church tomorrow but I'm feeling like I'm getting the kids cold thingy. So we'll see. You know I'll pray for you feel you there beside me. I love you and miss you so much. I'm going to watch the video before I go to bed and hopefully see you in my dreams. I love you and miss you terribly....xoxo Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment