Thursday, May 5, 2011

Bittersweet....

Hello My dearest mom....you know how much I miss you. Tomorrow Dad is leaving to head to Chicago, and while I know it's best, we'll miss him. His presence has been amazing these past few months, and I think we've helped each other in our grief. I love having him here, and I think he's gotten past my messiness :) He's been my helper, as he was yours, and I think we've both won with him being here. It keeps him busy, and it keeps my house clean :) And it's allowed him to spend time with Charlie & Madeline, as you told him to do. I've worked extra shifts and have gotten to be in a better financial state which has helped so much. i have enjoyed his comapny at night...even if we don't talk, but just knowing I have someone here is so nice.
This seems so backwards to me in some ways...I seemed to be doing so well before he got here, and I would chat everyday on our blog. But as he was here longer, I realized so many things, Mom. I figured out I needed God more in my life, and realized that while I thought I was grieving, I wasn't. I have continued going to classes, and church and it has been amazing! I have learned so much, and made so many changes for the kids and I. We attend church regularly, and the kids got a Bible from the Easter Bunny, so we read it every night before bed. I've recommitted to Christ, and feel so good about where the Lord has taken us in the path of healing, Mom.
Easter was perfect...Mary was here and we colored eggs with the kids. We went to Carol's and celebrated with everyone. How awesome is family on holidays...we all had an amazing weekend!
Mother's Day is Sunday and I will be with the kids. I am already thinking of you, but I do everyday, Mom. My heart hurts and I miss you so much. I wish I was half the mother you were to us, and I wish I could hear your voice again today. I love you, and wish for a happy dream with you, Mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment