Sunday, January 30, 2011

Busy Weekend!

Hi Mom-

Whoa-busy weekend...or should I say week! Maddie is doing better-she just needed some nebulizer treatments and never got that 102 fever back. But Charlie ended up with it yesterday, so we're giving him his "ney ney" as needed and he slept with me last night (nothing new). He's coughing, and if he keeps it up I may give him a breathing treatment too. Oh yea...when I had to get the nebulizer out for Madeline she looked at me and said, "I need my ney ney just like Grandma!". So you're still very much in their hearts :)
I had an interview for a home infusion RN position and it looks like I'll get the job. I'll go to people's homes and start antibiotics/nutrition and draw labs as needed. I'm thinking it'll be a nice skill to have so hopefully it works out!
I worked on Friday night, and it wasn't bad at all. There was a good crew (as usual!) and the night went by fast. I talked about you...were your ears ringing? One of my friends asked if your death had brought about new/different things to think about, more regarding where you are right now. I told her that if anything, it gave me so much peace and comfort to know you are in heaven, and I didn't doubt it for a second. Not being the best catholic (or church goer), you'd think I'd have doubts. But I don't, Mom. Not one. I know you are in Heaven with our Lord, and he Blessed Mary who you prayed to every day. It gives me so much comfort to know you are in a better place with all of our family and friends, and I know as those that I love pass into eternity, you will be on their welcoming committee. And I can't wait for the day you're on MY welcoming comittee...whenever that day may be :) I love you!
Yesterday we had Kate's birthday party and the kids had an absolute blast! There was a 'music man' and the kids had such a great time singing and playing with him! They were so good with all the other kids and they didn't even open Kate's presents! They were so much fun...and Allan's parents were there (Allan is an identical twin) and his mom we briefly talked about having twins...it was nice to talk to another mom. Kymm's parents were there too and it was so good to see them.
After the party I fianlly got my haor done by Kymm's girl and I love her! WOW! It's funny how you can know someone and not know them, ya know? She's from Tinley/Orland, and went to Andrew high school. She got married on Sept 30 too and got married to an asshole! Funny, huh? Not really but ironic that she is divorced and got married the same day we did. And she file for divorce 4 days before I did. Needless to say, I feel like I made a friend who understands me, and found a great hairdresser!!! :) WOO HOO!
I had lunch with a friend today and it was great!! Hopefully I'll see this friend again...I'll let you know ;)
I talked to Mary and hopefully we'll see each other soon. Dad will hopefully be out here in March, I don't think we'll make it home but am looking forward to his visit!!
I miss you so much, Mom. My heart aches and I just wish you were here to talk to. I'm trying to adjust but I'm struggling without your guidance. Please know I love you and still talk to you everyday. You are ALWAYS in my heart and on my mind. I'll look for you in my dreams...until then...I love you and miss you so very much....xoxo Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment